Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Hanjaya-Putra Lab
Stem Cell Morphogenesis and Molecular Therapies
The laboratory of Stem Cell Morphogenesis and Molecular Therapeutics at the University of Notre Dame has immediate openings for post-doctoral research fellowship. This opening is for a newly funded project as part of the overall focus of the laboratory to translate therapeutic potential of stem cells for regenerative medicine and disease modeling. Postdoctoral research fellows are expected to be involved in interdisciplinary research projects, motivated to translate technology to the clinic, and collaborate closely with The Harper Cancer Research Institute, Indiana School of Medicine (IUSM), The Warren Family Center for Drug Discovery & Development, NDNano, and Center for Microfluidics & Medical Diagnostics.
- Candidate must have a Ph.D. in Bio-/Chemical- engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology, or closely related field.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Biomaterials fabrication and characterization (i.e., polymer chemistry and synthesis).
- Microfabrication (i.e., microfluidics, micro-contact printing, 3D printing)
- Experience with cell culture and animal model are preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as well as the ability to work independently and effectively as part of a research team.
- Demonstration of research productivity (publications and/or patents).
How to apply
Application package should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a cover letter (to describe previous background and future research interest), CV (including all publication record), and contact information for 3 references.
To guarantee full consideration, applications must be received by November 4, 2022; However, review of applications will continue until the positions have been filled. We are committed to guide our fellows to succeed in industry as well as to launch their own independent academic career by the end of their trainings. The University of Notre Dame is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; we strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity.